srImathE satakOpAya nama:
srImathE rAmAnujAya nama:
srImath varavaramunayE nama:
Invitation/Details – http://thirukkurungudi.koyil.org/?p=161
- Days 2 and 3 – https://plus.google.com/photos/107723698299182214927/albums/6135024134505089201 – Thanks to P B Lakshmi narasimhan swamy for the pictures
- Day 4 – http://antaryami.net/darpanam/
2015/04/06/thirukkurunkudi- panguni-4th-da-mrning- pictures/
- Day 5 – pancha garuda sEvai – Thanks to sathya swamy for the pictures. ninRa nambi, thirumalai nambi, thiruppARkadal nambi, vIRRiruntha nambi, paLLikoNda nambi – in sequence.
- Day 7 – pushpa pallakku – full set of pictures at https://plus.google.com/photos/107723698299182214927/albums/6136142023346633521 – Thanks to sathya swamy
- Day 10 – rathOthsavam – thiruththEr – Thanks to sathya swamy
More pictures can be found at https://www.facebook.com/Thirukkurungudi
P B Lakshmi narasimhan swamy’s Travelogue
Adiyen had the bAgyam of attending 2nd and 3rd day of Thirukkurungudi brahmotsavam which is happening right now. It was my longtime wish to go since it had been 5 years since Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi’s darshan.
For those who like to travel to Thirukkurungudi, one can get down at Valliyur station and take an auto ( around 180/-) to Thirukkurungudi. Or, take an auto at 50/- from Valliyur station and reach Valliyur bus stand. From there buses are available to Thirukkurungudi. If you are getting down in Thirunelveli, buses are available from there directly which takes about an hour to reach.
Pancha garuda sevai on 5th day and Ther (chariot/car) are very famous days of brahmotsavam here and attracts people from all surrounding villages. Otherwise, if you wish to experience bliss hassle-free, come here and enjoy brahmotsavam on other days J
The schedule during 2nd and 3rd days were thanga/veLLi thOLukkiniyaan purappAdu in the morning at 5 a.m. followed by thirumanjanam at 9 a.m. and divya prabandha sevakalam after thirumanjanam. It is noteworthy that “PeriyAzhvAr tirumozhi” is recited only inside the kOil sitting, like TiruvAimozhi (not in thiruveedhi during purappAdu). There was thadheeyArAdhanam arranged 3 times a day for all those visiting. And ofcourse, prasAdha viniyOgam was there after aruLicheyal sevAkAlam to all.
On the 2nd day eve at 8 p.m. (delayed purappAdu because of Chandra grahanam that day) , it was Simha vAhanam with IrandAm thiruvandhAdhi thiruveedhi goshti. On the 3rd day eve at 5 p.m., it was Hanumantha vAhanam with moonrAm thiruvandhAdhi gOshti! It was an amazing experience to be a part of goshti experiencing pasurams gazing at the hills around thirukkurungudi. I request everyone to have this anubhavam sooner rather than later.
Adiyen srivaishnava dasan